Here are some tips to help you prepare to move:
- Have a garage sale! Get rid of anything that you don’t want to pay to move
- Empty all gas-powered tools of fuel. Dispose of all flammables.
- Keep all personal documentation with you. Passports, birth certificates, and drivers licenses are a few examples of what not to pack.
- Start reducing perishable food items, i.e. freezer food.
- When hiring a moving company, make sure they are licensed and insured and ask them to prove it! You should be sure that your moving company has both cargo insurance as well as workers’ compensation. If a mover is injured in your home who is not covered by workers’ compensation insurance, you as the homeowner are open to a lawsuit.
Moving can be difficult. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.